9/15/2008

One Day Ten Years Have Got Behind

RICK It was ten years after Dark Side of the Moon, almost, when I truly discovered Pink Floyd. I'd loved "Another Brick in the Wall" when in Junior High in '79 but didn't know too much about them till about a year or two later when I discovered their landmark 1973 album.

I was hooked and became a big fan of Pink Floyd. I'd already been a fan of some of the other Prog Rock bands thanks to my older brother but Pink Floyd was special because it was "my" discovery, not a hand-me-down.

Today, Richard Wright, one of the founding members and the keyboard player for the legendary group died of Cancer. He was 65 years old.

Pink Floyd remains one of the greatest rock bands of all time. Some of my favorite rock songs are their creations: Time, Great Gig in the Sky, Money, and Comfortably Numb.

Richard Wright will be missed. But in his honor here is one of my favorite Pink Floyd pieces "The Great Gig in the Sky":

No comments:

Links