2/26/2009

What Have You Done for Me Lately?

IMG_3194Image by jessebucksc via Flickr

Yes, I have been quite remiss with SESW lately. But I have good excuses, I promise.

As noted here a couple weeks ago, I took part in the Tucson Freedom to Marry event. Michael and I were to be "the" couple to be denied a license but at the last moment a lesbian couple joined us. In the confusion of the office their clerk issued them a license and the next several days were rather wild. I ended up acting as the local contact for Marriage Equality USA for press comments and appearances. Thus, Michael and I ended up doing an interview for Cronkite News Watch as well as fielding calls for comments from print media.

After that experience I was tapped to help organize a Candlelight Vigil in Tucson on the eve of the Prop 8 oral arguments before the California Supreme Court. That has taken up the lion's share of my time for the past week as we've sought a place to hold the vigil without having to shell out large sums of money for permits and insurance.

We finally were invited by the United Church of Christ of the Painted Hills to hold the vigil on their property. They have been extremely supportive and are the type of folks who can restore my faith in religion and Christianity in the face of so much hatred and intolerance. You can find more information on the event at Rainbow Foot Soldiers.

Speaking of which, I've also been getting that site off the ground and invite you to check it out. We have news updates daily from around the web over there on LGBT issues. Please sign up for the newsletter as well so you can get weekly updates of events around the country.

Michael has been finalizing a new album that will be available shortly. I ended up doing the artwork for it as well. I also worked on a new website for him: www.michaelemmanuel.com as well as a Facebook Fan group and a new iLike page for his music.

So, things have been keeping me pretty busy in that department. Thus, SESW has been neglected, but I promise to do better. Really, I promise.

Thanks to all my regular readers for sticking by me during this downtime as I've been inundated with other projects.

Mug shot of Paris Hilton.Image via Wikipedia

Finally, the comments thread on the "Is Ryan Buell Gay?" post has become a constant source of amusement. Outside Bobby Jindal's trainwreck of a speech, it's one place I can count on for a quick laugh. If you haven't checked it out lately, please drop over there and read the hysterical ramblings of the tweens who are crushing on Ryan Buell and trying desperately to be witty or insulting. It's really hilarious.

One of my favorites is "Baby" (yes, she actually calls herself that) who tried to insult me for being gay by telling us all she looks like Paris Hilton in a bikini! I kid you not, she actually makes that reference. So, we can only assume that when in a bikini she looks like a 13 year old boy with a glandular condition trying out drag for the first time.

Anyway, thanks for being here and look forward to more frequent posts very soon.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Links